Skinpress Demo Rss

Sunday, January 3, 2010

~Hello 2010~


Well, 2010 has started and the 'New Year' fairy has yet to magically find me a job, make me thinner, or make everything better overall. Things are continuing on as they had before, day by day. I'm still looking for my dream job(really, any job would do at this point) I'm still trying out new work out programs, trying to find a healthier version of me. I'm still hopeful to find love; either reviving an old one, or opening up to something new. All in all, eleven days later, most outlets of my life have stayed the same.


Unfortunately, in all the monotony of my everyday life, one big event has occurred. My father fell sick. This is big because he NEVER gets sick. A little over a week ago, I recieved a phone call telling me that my dad had checked himself into the hospital. I can't remember my dad ever going to the hospital, not once in my entire childhood. That statement in itself scared me quite a bit. My three hour drive to the hospital had my mind racing. Thoughts under distress can get a little crazy, everything from best case, to worst case, scenarios played over and over in my mind. I arrived to find him already taken back to prep for surgery. After misdiagnosing him, twice, he was rushed back for an emergency operation. My thanks goes to God for him coming out of it ok. He was in obvious pain, but seemed much more relaxed than before the surgery. A week later, and he is still in the hospital, but he is looking so much better! God is good, even if it makes doctors look dumb with their misdiagnosis. I'll take that anyday, as long as it works out in the end.
Needless to say, the year hasn't started out as well as I had wanted, but I can't complain. I may not be rich or super model thin, but I have my family, friends and health. I could not ask for more! :)

0 opinionated responses: