Skinpress Demo Rss

Monday, January 18, 2010

~There Is A Stranger In My House~



There is a stranger in my house.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcGzLc9mgV8&feature=related ) I remember loving that song when it came out, but I guess I never really thought about the meaning behind the lyrics. I knew it was emotional and powerful, (yeah, I'm a sap and if it makes me cry, I like it) and I thought I knew what she was talking about, but the truth is I had no idea what that felt like. That is, until last Saturday. After being away for a week and a half, I came back to what I currently consider home to find mi papi waiting for me with arms open and muchos besos. :) I can't lie, it felt good, too good. I had been longing for that look, for that kiss, for that touch. It had been too long! When I least expected it, it found me. It sounds romantic and sweet, right? Right. That is what it was. I give him all the credit on that one. I appreciated the effort and the attention and it had come at a really good time, I needed it then more than ever. However these sweet moments had been few and far between lately. While being there, taking in the moment, cuddling with mi papi, a bizarre feeling came over me. A feeling that had been developing for some time now. A feeling that I had refused to accept. Unfortunately, little by little, day by day, the distance had slowly grown. As I looked at him I started to wonder just who was this man that held my hand? I mean, I know every inch of his face; every curve, every crease, every line. Yet, through all the familiarity, I found that I no longer recognized him. Had we really come so far as to be so unfamiliar with each other, to have lost everything we had worked so hard for? Will we continue to distance ourselves to the point that we pass each other in the street without an acknowledgement? Is this the way love dies, so slowly and painfully? Is this really the end?

0 opinionated responses: