Skinpress Demo Rss

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

~The Irony of Solidarity 1~

I have a lot of time alone here, in Spain. I regularly find myself on solitary adventures of exploring new streets, walking along the beach, meeting sometimes fascinating, other times terrifying, new people. Other days I may just be deep in thought while sitting on my terrace or paseando. Whatever the circumstance, I’m usually alone. Those times that I am in the company of friends, partaking in and enjoying the occasional abdominal burning laugh, I can’t help but to still feel a bit lonely. It’s as though I’m living my life through critical and attentive eyes. In every sense of the word, I am there…physically and mentally, yet I continually find myself a little bit detached from reality. This feeling brings along a rollercoaster ride with my emotions. It’s an interesting perspective of otherwise uninteresting daily activities; for that, I embrace it…Yet, sometimes I feel as though I could possibly be missing out on the peace of being oblivious. As I said before, it’s a rollercoaster ride, full of steep climbs, rapid falls, and mind-blowing loops.

0 opinionated responses: